Thursday, February 14, 2013

Valentines Day 2012

I hate to complain, but my did's school has decided to take a "healthy" approach to holidays and they no longer allow candy to be exchanged.  Consequently, holidays such as Valentines can no longer include conversation hearts or red hots.  So, this year we had to figure out a way to get creative.  I think we did a pretty good job.

Baby J gave each of his buddies one of these cute hot wheels.  We packaged them in some cello bags I had on hand and made this cute topper that we stapled on.


Chomp's was my favorite valentine.  I had left over test tubes a previous party.  So, we made a mad lib for each child and rolled it up with a golf pencil, corked the entire thing and added a tag with bakers twine.  I love when I have all the supplies needed for a project.


Last was KF... her pick was seed packets.  We found them 4 for $1.00 at the dollar store and stocked up.  From that we created a construction paper pot that opened up and added  a "heart" flower.  


Ever since my kids were little we made our Valentines.  Sometime I wish I could just go pick up a box of cards and be done, but I am always so proud of what we create.  


No comments:

Post a Comment

Labels