Thursday, February 21, 2013

Sausage Cheddar Drop Biscuits


Ever so often, I go through a stage where I feel compelled to clean out almost everything in my freezer. So, as you can imagine it gets me cooking things that are not in my normal rotation.  This week, it got me cooking sausage biscuits and boy were they good.  If you are looking for something healthy or gourmet, these are not for you.  However, if you are looking for something easy and yummy, enjoy this recipe.  Remember, these are great to keep in your freezer.

Sausage and Cheddar Drop Biscuits
1 (1lb) package sausage (Jimmy Dean mild or hot will do)
1 (16 oz) package of shredded cheddar cheese
3 Cups bisquick
1-2 Cups milk
2 cloves garlic

Preheat over to 350 degrees.  Cook sausage in a frying pan until browned, drain and set aside.  Mix Bisquick and milk until a dough ball forms.  Knead the sausage, cheese and garlic into dough ball.  Separate dough into 1 1/2 inch dough balls (I use a cookie scoop).  Drop onto cookie sheet.  Bake on un-greased cookie sheet for about 15 minutes or until golden brown on tops.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Labels