Sunday, February 24, 2013

Everyday wines.

With all the snow February has brought, we have been confined to the house quite a bit.  This has made for some cozy days by the fire and lazy evenings with comfort food and wine.  I thought I would introduce you to two of my favorite reds.

The Bogle Phantom was introduced to me by a good friend and it's a blend of Zinfandel, Petite Syrah, and Mourvedre.  this wine has a strong berry flavor, with hints of both cocoa and cedar.  At $20 bucks   this is a great everyday wine.
The other wine we have been drinking a lot of is the Taymente Cab.  Again this wine shows real berry flavoring along with a hint of vanilla on the finish.  This bottle is a great buy at $15.
As we move into the spring, I'll move towards more mixed drinks and white wines, but red wine is the drink of choice right now!  I hope you enjoy these as much as we do.

1 comment:

  1. We have enjoyed Duck Pond Pinot Noir down here. And a Tommassi red I can't remember just now. Not because I have enjoyed too much of it, just general memory loss...

    ReplyDelete

Labels