Sunday, November 4, 2012

Liquor Cabinet essentials


With the holidays coming and lots of people coming over, it's essential to have a stocked bar.  In fact, I feel like I have failed if I can't make someone a particular drink.  I pride myself on having the tonic, lillet, and pims that people request.  So, here is my bar list.  I check it in early November (the 4th according to my calendar) and I restock as needed.  Come on over and try to stump me!


Liquor List

Alcohol Equivalents
One Liter Alcohoal = 33.8 Ounces = twenty two 1 ½ ounce drinks
One 750-millimeter bottle wine = six 4-ounce glasses
One 1 ½-liter bottle wine = twelve 4-ounce glasses
One bottle champagne = six flute or seven saucer glasses
One case champagne = seventy two drinks


Liquor
Bourbon (1 Liter)
Gin (1 Liter)
Vodka (2 liters—one in the freezer)
Scotch (2 Liters)
Blended Whisky (1 Liter)
Light Rum (1Liter)
Dark Rum (1 Fifth)
Dry Sherry (1 Fifth)
Cream Sherry (1 Fifth)
Dry Vermouth (1 Fifth)
Sweet Vermouth (1 Fifth)
Cassis or Framboise (1 Fifth)
Lillet (1 Fifth)
Dubonnet (1 Liter)
Port (1 Fifth)
Cognac (1 Fifth)
Tequila (1 Fifth)
Cointreau (1 Fifth)
Grand Marnier (1 Fifth)
Amaretto (1 Fifth)
Coffee Liquer (1 Fifth) (Kahlua, Baileys Irish cream)

Beer
Light (Six pack)
Dark (six pack)
Imported (six pack)

Wine
White wine (six 1 ½-liter bottles)
Red wine (three 1 ½-liter bottles)

MixersPerrier
Club Soda
Tonic water
Ginger Ale
Coke
Diet Coke
Tomato Juice
Orange Juice

Basic Bar EquipmentIce (3/4 to 1 pound per son)
Ice Bucket
Tongs
Lemons, Limes, Oranges
Green olives
Maraschino cherries
Cocktail onions
Lemon Zester
Sharp Knife
Good Corkscrew
Bottle opener
Pitcher
Jigger measures
Blender
Cocktail napkins

1 comment:

Labels