Saturday, September 8, 2012

More is More


While I was at school, one of the moms mentioned that I had the most impressive collection of metallic shoes that she had ever seen. I had never really thought about how many pairs of metallic shoes I owned, but as I bought KF her first pair today I figured it was worth a count. The final count was 13!  While I have some nicer pairs in the bunch, like the Tory Burch's and the (old as the hills) Michael Kors pair, I'll admit there are quite a few steals in that bunch. For one, the silver ballet flats -- scored for $7.00 at the Gap a few summers back. Each pair has its own story...the silver heels were bought to go with a seafoam vintage chiffon dress with silver beading, the bronze glitter ballet flats were found at Daffy's on a shopping day with my friend Mash from Atlanta, and a few of the Tory's will remind me of our vacation to that outlets in Orlando...I mean Disney World. The oldest pair is about 7 years old the the newest is...well, three months old. I don't think I'll ever get tired of my metallics. It may just mean that I'll have to retire to Palm Beach when I'm 65!


1 comment:

  1. Anything worth doing, is worth overdoing.
    so true.

    ReplyDelete

Labels