Monday, August 27, 2012

First Day of School 2012


Another school year has started and this will be a memorable one. For the first time ever, all three of my children were off to the same school. Not having to juggle elementary school and preschool is fantastic, but even better is having a stretch of time to myself. I haven't had more than 2.5 hours to myself during the week since 2003!

At 6:20am, when I got out of bed, I was met with three kids dressed and getting chores out of the way.  Okay...stop there...we did have to return to our closets and make some minor adjustments. Otherwise the above picture would have been completely different. The boys would have been wearing monster jam shirts and basketball shorts and the little lady would have been sporting her favorite summer comfy shorts and an oversized tee shirt. 

Our bus stop from last year had 4 kids, but grew to a whopping 10 kids this year. Jackson was joined by 3 other kindergartners and we had a smattering of other newbies. Thankfully, Richard our bus driver was back and ready to keep the chaos to a minimum.




Since the first day of school was only a one-hour orientation for J, he was actually not supposed to take the bus. But he was so super-excited that I let him go and raced the bus to the school. This actually worked out perfect as I could walk my other two to their classes and take a few more shots. Both of the big kids had their own locker -- which they quickly identified. And who knew there were so many different accessories to be had for lockers these days?





 Reuniting with some old friends was wonderful.  Trey and KF were both thrilled to have some good friends in their classes again this year.  That always helps make them comfortable!









No comments:

Post a Comment

Labels