Friday, August 31, 2012

Blue Moon!

Friday night we met dozens of friends at Weed beach for the last movie of the season.  It was a gorgeous night and we all enjoyed the blue moon hovering above.  It was so bright at 10pm when we left that we could actually see our stuff as we packed up to leave.

Because we have done this picnic several times since moving here, I have started to compile a list of non-edible essentials for my picnic basket.  This list, which I keep in my basket is always a life saver when I start throwing things in the hour before.  It keeps me from having to remember everything every time. That is especially helpful if I have started on my glass of wine.

Here is what I carry:
  • Candle (in a small vase-- to keep the wind from blowing out)
  • Matches
  • CORKSCREW
  • Blanket (waterproof on one side)
  • Plates
  • Napkins
  • Utensils + Serving utensils
  • Plastic cups
  • Trash bag
  • Paper towels
  • Wipes
  • Bug Repellant
  • Flashlight

I have few more tricks too.  Instead of ice, I pour about about one inch of water out of my water bottles, freeze them, and then use those to keep wine and veggies cool.  Later on, as the ice melts, the kids have cold water.
I love love love this table from crate and barrel.  We have used ours a ton.  It is great to use at the beach, it is great for a  craft table for kids birthday parties, and it is super easy to store.  We paid about $40 and it has been worth every penny!
As for chairs, I love the Tommy Bahama ones I bought at Costco for about $25.  I would prefer if they didn't have a logo, but I can deal with that.  Anyhow, these are a backpack style, so they are easy to take to the beach and comfortable once you get there.  They have a pocket on the back and one on each arm where I keep extra sunscreen and lip balm.  These can also recline, which is awesome.


 

1 comment:

  1. You are so prepared! Only thing missing is some sort of contraption to extract sand from the pizza your friend brought ;)

    ReplyDelete

Labels