Monday, July 2, 2012

Made it Myself Monday-- Baked Beans


EVERY July 4th, I make my favorite baked beans.  My recipe was given to me by a college roomate's mother.  When I told my friend that I would bring baked beans to her party, her husband asked what I put into my beans.  After I mentioned the pound of bacon and ground beef, I think I had him!  These are some serious beans, y'all!

BAKED BEANS
1 pound Bacon
1/2 pound Hamburger
1 Onion
1/2 Cup Ketchup
3/4 Cup Brown Sugar
1 Tsp Mustard
1 Tbs Vinegar
2 Tbs Molassis
2 Pounds Kidney Beans, drained
2 Pounds Pork and Beans, un-drained
2 pounds Northern (cannelini) Beans, un-drained

Preheat over to 350 degrees.  Brown bacon in a cast iron skillet and remove to a paper towl.  In 2Tbl of reserved bacon grease cook onion until it is translucent.  Add ground beef and cook until browned.  Combine all ingredients in a 13 X 9 pyrex dish.  Bake at 350 for 30 minutes covered.  Remove tin foil and cook an additional 30 minutes uncovered. 

What else did I bring?
The white chocolate didn't look so good, but the kids gobbled these up!

Picked from our garden, my favorite blue hydrangeas.  I put these into a mason jar with a little cast iron plant in the bottom to disguise the stems

My Favorite $2.99 July 4th bucket filled with beer and ice!

1 comment:

  1. those are some great beans. did someone devil you some eggs, i hope...

    ReplyDelete

Labels