Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Turkey Season

I guess this is the time of the year when Turkeys have their babies.  I didn't grow up with Turkeys around; so, this is a new thing to me. Anyhow, we looked out into our yard today to find a tom, a hen, and a rafter of poults (baby turkeys)...12 to be exact. It was absolutely fascinating and I had to go out and explore the situation more closely. All was fine until the tom spread his feathers as a warning...that was enough to scare me!



 Later on, they came up the side of the house and were headed towards the street.  I really thought that I might have to pull a Make Way For Ducklings and stop the oncoming traffic to let them cross the road.  But after lots of clapping and screaming (from the kids) we got our turkey family to turn around go back to the cul-de-sac behind our house.  Phew!

1 comment:

Labels