Sunday, June 10, 2012

Beach Bag Ready!


So, It's time for the beach.  Now that the weather is getting warm and bright, we are hitting the beach more and more.  I try to keep a designated bag for the beach and I keep a custom bag tag attached with the list below.  That way, I can let the hubs double check the contents while I get the kiddos ready.

So, what are my must haves?  Well here goes:
  • Sunscreen for the face (I don't like to use spray on our faces)
  • Sunscreen for the body
  • Bug Spray (we need that at the beach in CT!)
  • Lip Balm with sunscreen
  • Sunglasses
  • Rash Guard
  • Sunhat/ Baseball hat
  • Towels
  • Goggles
  • Camera/ Iphone or ipad
  • Money/ ID/ Credit card
  • Snacks/ Drinks
  • Hairbrush 
  • Leave in Condition spray
  • Wet ones/ Wipes
  • Hand Sanitizer
  • First aid kit with basics
  • Zip locks (with a change of clothes if we are headed out after the beach)
  • Small trash bag
  • Small bag with travel size tolietries
Have you got little kids?  Add these extras
  • Portable potty
  • Swimmie diapers
  • Regular Diapers + Wipes (1 diaper per hour)


Here are the things I love:
I love the neutrogena line of sunscreens!  I use the lotion for my baby's faces.

Neutrogena spray is convenient for bodies.
Love this gloss with sunscreen and I don't just limit it to the beach...the nudish pink is even better than my Trish gloss because it doesn't have a sticky residue
The bigger the better!
Boden, Lands End, and Target have great rash guards.  I try to stock up on these at the end of the season.  At target I score them for $5 and I have been known to get them at LE for $8

Speedo goggles are the way to go.  Tinted ones for sunny days, clear for cloudy!

I can't live without these water bottles-- even my kids have them.  They are worth every penny!
Great for the pool or the beach.  It always helps to comb before the hair dries completely.  Our swim instructor also says this is great to use before pool time as it coats the cuticle and prevents hair from turning green.




Okay, these are the best kept secret at CVS.  If you have a child with a sensitive scalp, this brush really does hurt less.  Go buy one!




1 comment:

  1. you are an organizational guru.
    thank you swami.
    i have a new josie maran sunscreen i like with argan oil.
    its more of a mama splurge than kiddo treatment, but still...

    ReplyDelete

Labels