Monday, April 9, 2012

The Masters!



Every year that I have watched the Masters from afar, it has made me homesick.  Seeing the azaleas and the tall pines reminds me of home and it's usually a painful reminder that Spring has sprung there, but I am still braving the winter cold elsewhere.

This year was no exception.  The winner, a fellow UGA Alum, was Bubba Watson and his victory brought tears to my eyes.  His reaction was heartfelt and humble-- which made me love him more.



Since, the final day of the Masters fell on Easter, I couldn't help but bring a pimento cheese appetizer to my friend Kara's house-- it's such a southern staple.  Let me note, I served it with the new ROUND saltines, and I think they definitely raised the bar-- ha ha!  If only, I had these Master moon pies...in twin packs!



1 comment:

  1. pimento cheese is your birthright.
    round saltines? wow! a revelation.
    the masters is a heart-string tugger down here as well.
    xo

    ReplyDelete

Labels