Tuesday, March 27, 2012

New Years Resolution-- The Third Row Part 2

Another weekend and another car lot!  This weekend my husband and I started at the Mercedes dealership in Fairfield.  We took a look at the GL450
This is a lot like the ML that I currently drive.  In fact, the interior is basically the same.  This car obviously has a third row, which has enough space to accommodate an adult.  But here's the thing, if you are in the third row, it's no easy feat to move the seat forward and get out.  Which means one thing...lots of in-and-out for mama.  Like my current Mercedes, there isn't a ton of storage in the glove and center console and drink holders aren't super convenient.  While I do love my current car, the problem is that Mercedes never have a small problem, and there tends to be lots of maintenance.


We were off to Land Rover as planned, when I got a wild hair and suggested we run by Lexus in Westport.  This car has frankly not been on my radar, but considering how pleased I was with the Toyota, I thought I should check out their Luxury brand.  Well, lets start by saying I love the look of the LX570.  Our sales guy said the magic words, "this car is TREMENDOUSLY reduced because we didn't make a 2012 and the 2013 model has been released".   While this car is expensive-- the deal got pretty sweet after the sizable reduction, a better than average warranty, and the fact that we were looking at a demo with 1500 miles (read: not new).  This definitely entered my top 3.

The last stop was Nissan.  Several people recommended the Armada to me.  I wasn't familiar with this car...so, I figured it was worth a look.  While this car has a generous amount of room, I just don't feel like it was as luxurious as the Sequoia..and it's practically the same price point.  This car also felt like it had a rougher ride which I wasn't fond of.  Unfortunately, this wasn't the right fit for us, but it's plenty nice and depending on what people want, this would be an excellent car for anyone.

This whole process is starting to become exhausting, but before I am done I still have 7 more to shop
  1. Buick Enclave
  2. Ford Explorer
  3. Ford Expedition
  4. Chevrolet Tahoe 
  5. Chevrolet Traverse
  6. GMC Acadia 
  7. Land Rover LR4
As it stands now, my favorites are the Toyota Highlander, the Toyota Sequoia, and the Lexus LX570.  And the hubs, his top three are the Toyota Sequoia, the Mercedes GL450, and the  Lexus LX570.

Stay tuned for my exhaustive Spreadsheet to come!

1 comment:

Labels