Monday, March 5, 2012

Made it Myself Monday-- Birthday Wreath

The intentions were to get this Birthday wreath completed for Baby J's birthday, but with everything going on, I just didn't get it finished in time.  In fact, I only finished it today!  I guess it is just in time for my own birthday month! 

The balloon wreath was a great project that I found online. I thought this would be a cute wreath to use on birthday weeks (or maybe months).  I went for a colorful variation since I was going to use it for both my boys and my daughter, but you can pick any cute color combination.  In fact, I can imagine that down the road I may have a half dozen of these wreaths to match different birthday colors.

There are a couple of sites that provide tutorials, but I used Our Best Bites .  She does a great job of showing exactly what you need.  The only thing I had a hard time finding was the floral picks, but oriental trading has them just for $3.99.

This is definitely a wreath you can make with the littles.  Mine all helped.  They didn't work as methodically as me, but it all looked great in the end.

Here are a few other variations that I liked:
Monochromatic

light/dark variations on two colors

Love the pink orange


 

3 comments:

  1. fabulous!
    happy birthdays guaranteed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mrs. White...when are you making your chocolate and orange Hermes version?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah, there you are!
    That is a fantastic idea! Perhaps a field trip is in order for inspiration.
    How's things?

    ReplyDelete

Labels