Saturday, March 10, 2012

Girl Scout Cookie Time

Did I mention that March has been a big scout month for us? 

As the cookie mom for our troop, I have had cookies on the brain for a couple of months now.  We have been at work education, selling, picking up, and distributing.  This weekend was the last part of the process, our cookie booth.  While I enjoy being cookie mom, I always breathe a sigh of relief when all is done and I can throw the folder out.

KF sold 75 boxes this year.  She was eager to get out and sell, but quickly lost patience with me as I chatted with every neighbor.  I tried to explain that it was part of the sales process, but she had a goal in mind and nothing was going to stop her.  We finally hit a groove and in no time, our numbers were jumping.  For all her hard work, she earned a patch, a bandana, and a travel case.

The picture above is from our booth sale.  KF and I assembled the banner the night before and I thought it turned out beautifully.  The scouts each made one of the dolls along the bottom, another mom did all the lettering , and KF and I did the rest.  She kept telling people that those were her hands on the globe.

At the end of the day, our troop ended up selling just over 1600 boxes.  It was quite an accomplishment considering the goal was 800.  For all their hard work, they have requested an  overnight camp out and some horseback riding. 

1 comment:

  1. To my Cookie Mom, I hope you get all your birthday wishes!! You deserve it!!

    Thanks, again. You're the best!!

    --Julie

    ReplyDelete

Labels