Cinnamon Swirl Banana Bread
For the bread:
- 3 over-ripe bananas, smashed up
- 1/3 cup melted butter
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp baking soda
- dash of salt
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 Tbs cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350. Butter and flour a loaf pan. Mine was 9 x 5, but you could use any sort, I suppose. Just keep a close eye on it in the oven, and adjust the time as needed
- Mix bananas, butter, sugar, egg, and vanilla together. sprinkle baking soda and salt around on top of the banana mixture. Then gently stir in flour. Be careful not to over-mix!
- In a small dish, mix together the 1/3 cup sugar and 1 Tbs cinnamon.
- Add 1/2 of the batter to the loaf pan and then sprinkle half, or a little more than half of the cinnamon-sugar mixture all over the batter in the pan. Add the rest of the batter, and then sprinkle the leftover cinnamon-sugar on top.
- Bake for 50-60 minutes, but remember, if you’re using a different-sized loaf pan, be careful and keep a close eyeball on it!
Here are my trusty tools:
|Always check the accuracy of your oven. Mine is about 15 degrees off!|
|Kitchen aid! Need I say more?|
|These are the best pans for breads. $12-15 each, but worth every penny. Cooks.com carries them...USA pans|
|Good vanilla is essential. I have actually made my own...but this is better and cheaper than my own!|