I have this crazy little window seat in the house we rent. It desperately needed a little cushion. Since this house is temporary, I didn't want to spend a few hundred to have something made and I also knew that I could probably knock something out myself. My biggest problem, as always, was committing to fabric.
So, this past week, I finally settled on a simple piece of flax colored Irish linen, trimmed in brown piping with some trim detail on the top. I thought about putting a monogram on the top, but alas, decided to save myself the time energy. Afterall, I will leave not take this cushion when we move.
Here is the final product...note, I haven't touched it up with an iron yet:
Here is what I learned:
- Because the shape isn't symmetrical, I can't flip the pillow. So, I could have saved myself on fabric and done the bottom in a cotton duck or something else.
- Once I inserted the pillow, I had to finish the rest of the pillow with a basic seam stitch. Because I didn't plan properly, this seam was on the top front...oops
- Linen has a lot of "give" and makes pattern cutting a challenge.