Tuesday, January 31, 2012

From Sir with Love

As some of you may recall, my sweet husband has a definite opinion on nail polish.  He has even dawned the doors of Barneys and chatted up the gay men at the makeup counter to secure a bottle of "Jungle Red" by Nars.  He swears it is the perfect red.  Typically speaking, he only likes red.  So, last summer, he wasn't too happy when I came homing wearing Chinchilly...by Essie.  I had seen the color on my friend Texas T and she rocked it-- but with my fair skin, I did look a little like a cadaver.  BUT, I still think it is a sophisticated, neutral and modern color to wear and if I could, I would.

Once it was mid summer, I switched over to Essie's mesmerize (i think).  It was a hot color here and my friend Chrissy turned me on to it.  It's one of my favorite colors and it matched a couple pair of flips I own and looked awesome with my silver and purple havianas.  But alas, it was lost on my husband.   I got a meager "cute" from him.
So, imagine, my surprise when he came home last night with a little gift-- a bottle of Peridot by Chanel.  Honestly, I think he likes it because it looks like a rainbow trout.  It's funky...and green...and bronze...and iridescent...and--- well, it's everything peridot is.  I'm hoping to get my hands polished today with the new hue.  I'll let you know what he thinks!

1 comment:

  1. Love it!
    Good job, Sir!
    I've had this on my look at it in person list.
    i don't get to lenox/phipps much.

    ReplyDelete

Labels